Position: Expert Clients
Deadline of this Job: 22 September 2022
Duty Station: Kampala
15 Expert Clients
Main purpose of the job: The Expert Client will provide Counselling, Psychosocial Support, follow ups and experimental guidance to PLHIV upon which she/he is required to submit a basic reports to the supervisor.
• Health Facility Support
• Establishing Adherence support groups
• Gender base violence sensitization.
• Community Facility Linkage
• Updating registers/books
Key duties and responsibilities
Health Facility Support
• Support the Health worker to retrieve files and identify clients eligible for CCLAD
• Follow up Clients due for VL test
• Follow up Client who test HIV positive for ART initiation’
• Conduct health education on TB (signs & symptoms)’ VL and its importance
• Identify client with non-suppressed VL for intensive Adherence Counselling
• Use the family trucking tool to identify family members of the index client to receive HTS
• support the critically ill and weak clients in the rest area during investigations in the TB service tent and in hospital for further work up and management
• Pick drugs for clients from the pharmacy to the TB tent to mitigate infection
• Participate in conducting food demonstrations to clients to Client accessing services at the Clinic.
• Managing clients flow during clinics’
Establishing Adherence Support Groups
• The Expert client will participate in and organize adherence groups for ART Clinic for ongoing support to HIV positive Clients and their family members’
• The Expert clients will ensure that the adherence group members are assed for nutritional assessment (Height, weight and MUAC) and those identified with MAM and SAM linked for nutritional support
• Support in the identification/mobilization of pregnant and lactating mothers from the community groups to the EMTCT Clinic
• Continuously sensitize mothers on MTCT and PMTCT programs
• Support TASO Staff in follow up of mother baby pairs’
• Mobilize Clients in the formation of family support groups to enhance adherence.
Gender Base Violence sensitization
• Sensitize Clients and Community on GBV
• Identify clients and OVCs affected by GBV using the screening tool
• Link Identified Clients for pre/post GBV Cure at the Health facility and Community services
Community Facility Linkages
• Work with the VHTs to identify and link HlV positive clients and OVCs to health services
• Document in the referral register all Clients successfully linked to serves at the health facility
• Offer intensive adherence counselling to clients attending CCLAD and in the community
• Ensure that all lost Clients are followed up and brought back
• Physically escort and Link clients who test HIV positive in the Community to the ART Clinic
• Support Staff in identifying and conducting HBHCT sessions’
• Update the appropriate registers with accurate data like Pre ART register, ART register, Missed appointment Register, Laboratory register, antenatal Register among others.
• General lists of Clients who have missed appointment for follow up
• Update OVC registers at the Clinic and at the end of every Clinic day.
Minimum Academic Qualifications: Ordinary Diploma (O Level)’
Additional Training Necessary: Certificate in HIV Counselling’
Minimum Experience and Exposure: At least 2 years’ experience working with PLHlV
Special Knowledge: Computer skills’
Qualities of Expert Client/Key skills‘
• Should be between 18 and above
• Should be consistently receiving treatment and care at the targeted health facility
• Experience as a peer Volunteer in EID or ART Clinic is a plus
• Willing to go an extra mile in serving as a Volunteer
• Good interpersonal skills, including respect for self, team members, supervisors and Clients
• Compassionate towards Clients and other patients
• Ability to generate a basic report
• Ability to handle phone text messaging
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Ability to read, write and speak English’
Other Qualities/Attributes: integrity, emotional control, patience, empathy and confidentiality
Level of Education: Professional Certificate
Job application procedure
Only qualified and eligible candidates who meet all the above requirements are invited to submit their resume, copies of certified academic certificates, testimonials and three referees including their telephone and email contacts.
Address your application to the Centre Program Manager, TASO Mulago CoE, PO Box 11485, Kampala.
All interested Clients MUST apply and hand deliver the application to TASO Mulago Hospital Complex, Kampala. First Floor, Room No 102.
*Posting Date:9th September,2022
*Closing Date:22nd September,2022.
While TASO appreciates all the interested applicants, only shortlisted Candidates will be contacted for interviews. In case you do not hear from TASO Uganda one month after the closing date, please consider yourself unsuccessful.
TASO registered Clients are encouraged to apply.
NB: For further enquiries, please call 0752774139/0752774329
Full-time, 40 hours per week over 5 days Location: Mbarara, Uganda About Ripple Effect (the new name for Send a...Apply For This Job
Position: Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning Assistant- Yumbe General Food Assitance Project Report to: Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning Officer Location: Yumbe...Apply For This Job
Description Heifer International is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,...Apply For This Job
The International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) is an independent non-profit organization that combines innovative research, market systems development, and strategic...Apply For This Job
[Deadline:5:00pm, Friday 30th September 2022] The Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC) with support from Uganda Malaria Reduction Activity seeks to...Apply For This Job
DESCRIPTION Hello Hello! Alight on behalf of ORAM is recruiting a Training Consultant. Contractor will be based in Kampala, Uganda with...Apply For This Job