The Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU) is a statutory body established under Section 9 of the Petroleum (Exploration, Development and Production) Act 2013, and in line with the National Oil and Gas Policy for Uganda which was approved in 2008. The mandate of the PAU is to monitor and regulate the exploration, development and production, together with the refining, gas conversion, transportation and storage of petroleum in Uganda. This includes ensuring that petroleum operations in Uganda are carried out in accordance with the relevant laws, regulations, guidelines, statutes and in line with international best practice for the petroleum industry.
The Petroleum Authority of Uganda now invites applications from qualified Ugandans who fully meet the required job specifications and with the right personal attributes to occupythe following positions in the Authority’s established structure.
1. Compliance Officer.
2. Risk Officer.
4. Petroleum Engineer. (2 Positions)
5. Senior Drilling and Completions Engineer.
6. Drilling Engineer. (2 Positions)
7. Completions Engineer.
8. Petro Physicist.
9. Reservior Engineer.
10. Reservior Geologist.
11. Senior Social Affairs Officer.
12. Senior Health, Safety and Security Officer.
13. Midstream Cost Monitoring Officer.
14. National Content Officer- Manpower Regulation.
15. National Content Officer- Contracts.
16. Software Engineer.
17. ICT Security Officer.
18. Data Management Officer- Geographical Information Systems.
19. Senior Human Resource Officer- Planning and Organisation Development.
20. Senior Management Accountant.
21. Financial Accountant.
PAU will ONLY consider online applications submitted through her website. Interested persons who fully meet the required job specifications and with the right personal attributes for the above positions are invited to visit the PAU website: www.pau.go.ug and follow the link to “OPPORTUNITIES-CAREERS-VACANCIES” to view details and apply for the available opportunities.
All applications should reach the PAU’s website www.pau.go.ug by Monday 4th October, 2021 at 11:59 pm.
1. ONLY online applications will be considered. Applications submitted by e-mail will not be accepted.
2. Applicants are required to scan and attach CERTIFIED copies of the required academic documents only e.g. Degree, Transcript, Diploma, A-level and O-level certificates and PLE results slip.
3. Academic documents for the successful candidates will be vetted and background
checks conducted before they are considered for appointment into the Authority.
4. Only short listed and successful candidates will be contacted, and any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.
5. All appointments shall be subject to a probationary period of not more than six months and subsequent confirmation in service will be based on satisfactory performance of the individual.
6. Please forward any enquires regarding this advert to email@example.com or call telephone number +256 313231500.
“PAU is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge any money to any applicant for employment in its Service”
PETROLEUM AUTHORITY OF UGANDA