BRAC is an award-winning international non-governmental development organization, with the vision of a world free from all forms of exploitation and discrimination, where everyone has the opportunity to realize their potential. BRAC is a leader in developing and implementing cost-effective, evidence based programs to assist poor and disadvantaged communities in low income countries, including in conflict-prone and post-disaster settings. It is an organization of and for the people of the Global South, pioneering new development and social enterprise approaches to equip communities to achieve prosperity. As well as being the world’s biggest NGO by number of staff and people directly reached, BRAC has regularly been ranked the number one NGO in the world by the Geneva-based NGO Advisor, an independent organization committed to highlighting innovation, impact and governance in the non-profit sector. BRAC retained the top spot in 2020 among the top 500 NGOs for the fifth consecutive year.
BRAC was founded in Bangladesh in 1972 by Sir Fazle Hasan Abed. It started its first programme outside of Bangladesh in Afghanistan in 2002, and has since reached millions of people in 11 countries in Asia and Africa. BRAC has a holistic approach to development that uses a wide array of programmes and social enterprises, including in microfinance, education, health, agriculture, gender and human rights. BRAC believes that every person has inherent potential, and when an enabling environment is created and that potential is unleashed, even the poorest can become agents of positive change in their own lives, for their families and their communities.
BRAC Uganda NGO started operations in Uganda in 2006. Through its unparalleled network of branches across the country, BRAC Uganda creates large scale, positive changes though a holistic and integrated set of programmes in Agriculture, Food Security and Livelihood (AFSL), Health, Education & youth Empowerment, Ultra-poor graduation (UPG), Emergence Preparedness & Response and a Seed Social Enterprise. BRAC Uganda Country Office is located at Plot 880, Heritage Road, Nsambya, Kampala.
About the AIM Programme In 2022, the MasterCard Foundation in partnership with BRAC International (BI) will be announcing an initiative that will create a positive and measurable impact for 1.2 million adolescent girls and young women and 9.5 million people across seven countries in East and West Africa, including Ghana, Kenya, Liberia, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, and Uganda.
There is mounting urgency to support adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) living in poverty, which has been further amplified by the global pandemic. Through this partnership, scalable economic development approaches will be delivered in communities to foster the agency and voice of AGYW. They will have the opportunity to fulfill their aspirations, achieve sustainable livelihoods, and engage in advocacy issues. BRAC International will implement an integrated and holistic model to address the various life cycles of a young woman living in poverty, ensuring she is able to transition safely from adolescence to adulthood. She will be equipped with the appropriate skills, tools, and access to finance to effectively exercise her agency and build a fulfilling and productive livelihood.
BRAC International is seeking applications from competent, dynamic and selfmotivated individuals to fill the following positions in Uganda.
Technical Sector Specialist – Crop Production (04 Positions)
The Technical Sector Specialist – Crop production provides overall technical leadership and technical assistance to the all branches under a region to achieve all agriculture related activities with quality. Supervise and follow-up all Program Assistants (Livelihoods) on crop production related activities to improve service delivery quality. Develop training module and outline as per project plan. Facilitate different staff and participant’s level training and workshops and play role as a key technical person. Check the MIS and other reports with financial reports to keep the project’s agriculture related activities in right track. Help project management to set the AOP, budget and other project related documents. Maintain coordination with NGOs, private sector, government and other service providers at district and other levels.
• Develop all crop production related training plan and module as per project design to ensure crop diversifications.
• Help to ensure achievement of all crop production related programmatic targets with quality as per AOP.
• Keep close relationship with operations part and provide feedback to improve project quality Facilitate capacity building trainings for staff and participants on crop production and other agronomic practices.
• Help project participants in their job placement and improve family level income.
• Follow up PA (Livelihoods) activities in the field with project participants to improve project quality.
• Coordinate with government and other service providers in crop production related issues and to develop crop production and productivity status Record all success stories for project documentation.
• Help project management to set proper AOP for the project and attend all possible level (Branch to country) of staff meetings.
• Check MIS and financial reports and other reports for data validation and accuracy.
• Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment and exploitation to achieve the program’s goals on safeguarding implementation
• Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment
• Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action
• Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place and encourage others to do the same
Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture Agribusiness /Crop production/Horticulturel Forestry or any other science background subject
Skills and Competencies
• Report writing and skilled on staff capacity building,
• Computer proficiency: MS office
• Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of BRAC
• Skilled in farmer group formatting, training and management
• Experience in VSLA formation and management
At least 3 + Years working experience in providing technical support especially on crop production related activities, training facilitation with module development.
Employment Type: Contractual
Job Location: Iganga, Mukono, Kayunga & Luwero
Job application procedure
Persons with disabilities and women are encouraged to apply. If you feel you are the right match for the above-mentioned position, please follow the application instructions accordingly:
Candidates need to email their CV with a letter of interest mentioning educational level, years of experience, current and expected salary to email@example.com
Please mention the name of the position in the subject bar.
Only complete applications will be accepted and shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application deadline: 11 September 2022
NOTE: BRAC Uganda doesn’t charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process from the applicants. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any communication purportedly on behalf of BRAC Uganda please send us an email before taking any further action in relation to the issue at hand.
BRAC is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share the same commitment. We believe every stakeholder and every member of the communities we work with has the right to be protected from all forms of harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation – regardless of age, race, religion, and gender, status as an individual with a disability or ethnic origin. T herefore, our recruitment process includes extensive reference and background checks, self-disclosure of prior issues regarding sexual or other misconduct and criminal records and our values are a part of our Performance Management System
BRAC is an equal opportunities employer.
Summary The position is based in a Peas School. The School Bursar will support the School Director in School fees...Apply For This Job
Position: Expert Clients Organization: TASO Deadline of this Job: 22 September 2022 Duty Station: Kampala JOB DETAILS: 15 Expert Clients...Apply For This Job
Job Title: Counselors Reports to: Technical Officer – HIV Prevention, SBCC and Community Work Station: Abim, Moroto, Karenga, Kaabong &...Apply For This Job
WHO WE ARE: Finnish Refugee Council (FRC) is an INGO promoting Adult Education and Community Development among refugees since 1997...Apply For This Job
The Opportunity Save the Children International has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as the Awards Coordinator based...Apply For This Job
Full-time, 40 hours per week over 5 days Location: Uganda – Rubirizi, Mitooma, Bushenyi, Sheema, Buhweju, Ibanda, Kiruhura, Ntungamo, Isingiro,...Apply For This Job