Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome you as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS activities in Uganda began in 1965, initially providing emergency assistance to Sudanese refugees coming across the borders from the north as well as those from Condo and Rwanda from the western borders. Over the years, CRS expanded its programming to also address development needs in western, central, and eastern Uganda. CRS’ projects in Uganda currently include agriculture, health, microfinance, peacebuilding, and youth. CRS Uganda implements its programs through partnerships with local organizations, including the Catholic Church, other faith-based organizations and community entities for maximum impact and sustainability.
You will coordinate the provision of responsive, effective, and efficient administrative services in support of the Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) mission to serve the poor and vulnerable. You will help ensure stewardship of resources and a high-quality service approach are integrated into administrative systems, policies, and procedures.
• Coordinate and report on activities and required resources to ensure cost efficient and quality service delivery from administrative support functions.
• Help ensure administrative systems, processes, and policies are in line with agency standards and donor and local law regulations.
• SCM Inventory Management Services: Handle property management processes i.e. office supplies receipt into the ware house, distribution, support with monthly cycle counts, annual physical counts, transfer of assets & office supplies and disposal processes, records management
• Stock Management: Regular checks of stock records for stationery & kitchen supplies, ensuring timely replenishments and updated stock records as well as ensuring that the correct procedures and proper documentation is used by all personnel requesting items from stock. Ensure that stores are properly organized and secured against theft whilst maintaining required stores management practices.
• Conduct Due Diligence Activities for CP Vendors, prepare and submit a report, carry out bridger verification for vendors and any related support
• Focal Person for all Programs field activities support. Support CP Projects in Project Implementation support services. Key liaison staff to project staff to identify and plan their support needs e.g meeting arrangements etc.
• Support Fleet Management Services – specifically review of trip allocation.
Education and Experience:
• High School diploma required. Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or relevant field preferred.
• Minimum of 2 years work experience in administrative support functions, with increasing responsibility. Experience with a local or international NGO a plus.
• Additional education may substitute for some experience.
• Experience and proficient skills in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio) and information management systems.
• Good planning, organizational and time management skills
• Strong customer service orientation with very good communication and interpersonal skills
• Ethical conduct and ability to maintain confidentiality
• Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented, and results-oriented
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Analysis and problem-solving skills with ability to make sound judgment
• Good relationship management skills and the ability to work closely with all staff
• Proactive, results-oriented, and service-oriented
• Attention to details, accuracy, and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: All Staff External: Partners, Vendors, Service Providers Agency-Wide Competencies (for all CRS staff) These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
• Continuous Improvement & Innovation
• Builds Relationships
• Develops Talent
• Strategic Mindset
• Accountability & Stewardship
DISCLAIMER CLAUSE: This job description is not an exhaustive list of skills, effort, duties and responsibilities associated with the position. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to the above safeguarding-related topics.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
NOTE: To apply, please follow these instructions exactly otherwise your application will NOT be considered:
• Email a cover letter and CV only to email@example.com by September 8th, 2022 at 5:00pm.
• Large files and/or scans of documents will lead to rejection of your application, in the subject line of the email, copy and paste – ADMINISTRATIONOFFICER only
• All applications that do not contain this exact subject line will be rejected and not read ONLY SELECTED CANDIDATES THAT MEET THE REQUIREMENTS WILL BE NOTIFIED. EOE/M/F/D/V
Job Summary To review and monitor the implementation of Baylor Uganda objectives for Pediatric HIV care & treatment in alignment...Apply For This Job
Company Description Hope for Justice exists to bring an end to modern slavery by preventing exploitation, rescuing victims, restoring lives...Apply For This Job
Job Description No. of Positions: Four (04) Reporting: Safety Manager Areas of Supervision: Operational, Ground, and Maintenance Areas Functional Relationships: All departments External: Maintain Liaison...Apply For This Job
[Deadline:5:00pm, Friday 30th September 2022] The Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC) with support from Uganda Malaria Reduction Activity seeks to...Apply For This Job
Job Summary: Responsible for providing midwifery services during pregnancy, labour and postpartum periods in line with health protocols, universal hygienic and...Apply For This Job
Project Manager Job purpose Ensure successful and efficient implementation of the project, provide technical expertise, oversee field activities, and lead...Apply For This Job