WFP delivers food assistance in emergencies and work with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience. WFP provides life-saving food assistance and livelihood opportunities to refugees in Uganda. In addition, WFP assists the most vulnerable people in Uganda with food and nutrition assistance. Finally, WFP works with smallholder farmers and links them to markets.
As Uganda strives to achieve Zero Hunger by 2030 and become a middle-income country by 2040, WFP is also assessing its relevance and repositioning its role in Uganda.
ARE YOU UP TO THE CHALLENGE?
We are seeking qualified individuals for the position of Business Support Assistant (VAT Claims) G4 to be based in Kampala. Selected candidates will be employed on Fixed Term
These jobs are found in Country Offices (COs), Regional Bureaux (RBs), and Headquarters (HQ). Job holders may either perform administrative support functions in the front office and report to the Business Support Associate, or provide administrative support to team(s) with the reporting line to the relevant Head of Unit, Chief, or the designate. In cases where these positions support a specific business stream, the reporting line may be to the relevant Head of Unit, Chief, or the designate.
At this level, work is carried out under minimal supervision. Job holders are expected to produce organised and accurate work, undertaking specific business support activities. They may offer guidance on standard practices to more junior staff in their area of work.
To support the VAT, Excise Duty and other tax claims process to ensure enhanced collection of tax refunds and provide general administrative support and oversight over financial resources advanced for programmatic activities/events
VAT claims processing and tracking of vendor VAT compliance
• Assist in providing procedural support to suppliers and vendors in regard to the VAT/Excise Duty procedure and process, to ensure compliance with WFP financial policies, rules and regulations.
• Verify vendor VAT refund declaration documents to confirm the invoices outstanding are actually part of the declaration document indicating the correct VAT amount and TIN number.
• Maintain a register for all VAT charged invoices that are submitted without the VAT declaration.
• After payments are processed, follow up with suppliers and vendors to provide receipts and other support documentation for payments received.
• Assist in preparing the Submission of the monthly WFP office VAT return and liaise with all stakeholders to ensure complete VAT refund.
• Assist in the compilation of information from various sources in order to prepare the Excise Duty Diplomatic Tax Refund and other reports and statistics.
• Maintain the web-based register for all invoices, payment transfers and record paperwork, to ensure that all documents are maintained and filed in compliance with WFP standards and guidelines.
• Perform administrative duties related to the monitoring, recording and processing of the VAT and Excise Duty refunds.
• Generate listings of vendor invoices approved in the Invoice Tracking System (ITS) and review them for VAT compliance before payment processing.
• Support in the overall tracking of vendor VAT compliance and provide periodic reporting that provides input for the vendor performance evaluation process.
Provide general finance, budget and administration support services
• Provide administrative support to programmatic activities and events ensuring that there is sufficient accountability for the resources advanced for these activities/events.
• Gather information with clear direction to support the drafting of documents and preparing reports by other staff.
• Respond to queries and escalate where appropriate, in order to provide a timely and accurate service to clients.
• Take responsibility for the maintenance of set standard systems and files, to ensure information is accurate and readily available for the function.
• Identify simple discrepancies in statistics and data, such as missing information, and report to senior staff to support clients to deliver their work.
• Take responsibility for data integrity to facilitate availability of accurate information in corporate systems.
• Work with a variety of individuals, taking on feedback where appropriate to assist in business support delivery for staff.
• Perform other general administrative duties as assigned by the supervisor e.g., filing, maintenance of physical and electronic support documentation, facilitation and support to visiting oversight and audit teams, etc.
Qualifications & Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or its equivalent.
• A minimum of three years of progressively responsible experience in finance, accounting, auditing or related area.
• Good working knowledge of the complete Microsoft Office suite, proficient in MS Excel. Ability to analyze, interpret and identify process improvements
• Experience in providing administrative support to programmatic activities and events ensuring that there is sufficient accountability for the resources advanced.
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate across one or more dispersed and diverse teams is desirable.
• Proven professional commitment to professionalism, punctuality, accuracy, confidentiality, integrity and flexibility, and proven experience in introducing new and more effective ways of working.
• Fluency in English (both oral and written) is required
Friday 23rd September 2022
All employment decisions are made on the basis of organizational needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications. WFP is committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of sexual exploitation and abuse, all forms of discrimination, any kind of harassment, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. Therefore, all selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
About GrainAid Agency GrainAid Agency is a non-profit organization incorporated and registered as National NGO. The organization intends to create...Apply For This Job
Terms of Appointment: Contract (Renewable subject to satisfactory performance) Duties: • Providing for efficient database design and database implementation •...Apply For This Job
JOB TITLE: COFFEE SUSTAINABILITY MANAGER (1 POSITION) DIRECTORATE: QUALITY AND REGULATORY SERVICES DEPARTMENT: COFFEE SUSTAINABILITY REPORTS TO: DIRECTOR QUALITY AND...Apply For This Job
CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING JOB LINKS TO SEE THE JOB DETAILS AND HOW TO APPLY: Data Analyst Intern (Pulse Lab...Apply For This Job
(Closes 30th September, 2022) The position reports directly to the Finance Manager. Role of the Job: To prepare reconciliations and ensure...Apply For This Job
U.S. Mission Uganda Announcement Number: Kampala-2022-034 Position Title: Voucher Examiner Opening Period: 08/29/2022 – 09/09/2022 Series/Grade: FSN 7/FP-7 Salary: UGX...Apply For This Job