Organization: World Food Programme (WFP Uganda)
Duty Station: Kampala
United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need. In emergencies, WFP gets food to where it is needed, saving the lives of victims of war, civil conflict and natural disasters. After an emergency, WFP uses food to help communities rebuild their lives. On average, WFP reaches more than 80 million people with food assistance in 80 countries each year.
Brief description of WFP in Uganda
WFP delivers food assistance in emergencies and work with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience. WFP provides life-saving food assistance and livelihood opportunities to refugees in Uganda. In addition, WFP assists the most vulnerable people in Uganda with food and nutrition assistance. Finally, WFP works with smallholder farmers and links them to markets.
As Uganda strives to achieve Zero Hunger by 2030 and become a middle-income country by 2040, WFP is also assessing its relevance and repositioning its role in Uganda.
ARE YOU UP TO THE CHALLENGE?
We are seeking qualified individuals for the position of Business Support Assistant (IT Solutions Developer) SSA3 to be based in Kampala. Selected candidates will be employed on Special Service Agreement.
In support of WFP Country Office in line with the Country strategic plan (CSP), the Research, Assessment and Monitoring unit undertakes regular large-scale surveys, monitoring activities, rapid assessments, and mapping services to inform with updated food security information including economic and price data. These helps programmatic, policy decisions and advocacy efforts.
he Research Assessment and Monitoring (RAM) portfolio includes activities to address national and local-level capacities with the potential to support the management of disasters and climate change risks, through the automatization of processes, systems, promoting innovations and analysis of existing data, data collected using mobile technology, modelling, forecasting, and geo-spatial analysis. RAM is a core area for WFP and forms the basis for the design and support of all of our operations. Prior to any intervention, for Disaster Risk Management and Response, WFP in coordination with government and partners undertakes an analysis of the food security situation and answers some critical questions: who is food insecure or vulnerable and why?; how many are they and where do they live?; what should be done to save their lives and livelihoods?; how is the situation likely to evolve and, what are the risks threatening them? Related to changing lives activities, RAM provides geospatial and economic analysis, food security monitoring and assessments, and thematic analysis (related to climate change, resilience, markets and food systems). This contributes to effective targeting and define the most appropriate type and scale of intervention (such as food distributions, school feeding, cash based trasnfer programmes). Therefore, in this role you will generate the evidence base that supports nutrition, food security, social protection policies and programmes.
1. Develop protocols and procedures to ensure Two-way Accountability (from implementers to beneficiaries) and Transparency of Food Security and Nutrition Assessments and Analysis
• Discuss with program unit their need in terms of documentation and knowledge management
• Liaise with IT, area office, field office staff, and program unit to understand what approach/tools and the system could best serve the program
• Present the proposed filling system to program and implement
• Develop a simple Knowledge management guide/protocol
2. Ensure high standards of quality, reliability and validity of the data and analysis in line with WFP’s privacy and protection guidelines.
• Support information management activities (build/update a repository of key documents)
• Assist in supporting the maintenance and development of electronic and manual tools used for records keeping
3. Support Data driven evidence-based decision-making process in a timely manner according to programmatic and strategic needs. (data preparedness)
• Liaise with other teams to compile lessons learned and recommendations to improve programme implementation.
• Assist in report writing (market monitor bulletins, Remote monitoring of Food Security bulletins, Tracking sheet for risks and mitigation measures)
Education : Applicants must be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent); Or have graduated with the relevant university degree within 6 months period at the time of taking up the internship, if selected.
– Applicants must have studied any of the following degree programmes; Bachelor of Data science, Statistics, Nutrition, or a closely related area, such as health, research, economics or information management system
Knowledge and Skills:
Languages: Fluency in oral and written English, including strong writing skills
Friday 23rd September 2022
All employment decisions are made on the basis of organizational needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications. WFP is committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of sexual exploitation and abuse, all forms of discrimination, any kind of harassment, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. Therefore, all selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
As Senior Procurement Officer, you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact at PEAS as we move forward...Apply For This Job
Job Title: Business Support Assistant (Human Resources) Intern Organization: World Food Programme (WFP Uganda) Duty Station: Kampala NOTE: WFP...Apply For This Job
JOB TITLE: LOGISTICS ASSISTANT – 6 Positions LOCATION: VARIOUS UPCOUNTRY LOCATIONS REPORTS TO: LOGISTICS SUPERVISOR DEPARTMENT: PEOPLE AND CULTURE DEPARTMENT JOB GRADE: B3 Job...Apply For This Job
CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING JOB LINKS TO SEE THE JOB DETAILS AND HOW TO APPLY: Regional Sales Manager Machine Operator...Apply For This Job
REGIONAL SALES MANAGER (01 POSITION), CENTRAL REPORTING TO HEAD – SALES, THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL; Key Result Areas: *Overall in charge...Apply For This Job
Management Systems International (MSI), a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area management consultancy with a 40-year history...Apply For This Job