Position: Communications Officer
Reporting to: Head of Communications, Advocacy and Partnerships
Location: Bugolobi – Kampala
The Communications Officer will serve as a key contributor to the StrongMinds Uganda and StrongMinds Global communications and marketing initiative. This position will serve as a key communications liaison between the Uganda and US offices, providing content (stories, images, video, etc.) for donor-facing publications and for social media. The ideal person is a creative, a quick thinker, has a knack for detail and a penchant for excellence, is great with people, a consummate networker, and an amazing writer (therefore is an avid reader and likes researching).
Desired Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree plus 3-5 years of professional experience, particularly in roles that require a variety of writing styles and/or a variety of audiences.
• Strong written communication skills, the ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals and reports.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• A clear understanding of StrongMinds’ mission and ability to convey strategy.
• Strong research skills – ability to synthesize research, interviews, and data to craft compelling narratives.
• Ability to handle competing priorities and meet multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
• Proactive approach to identifying opportunities for improvement and removing barriers/problem solving to deliver results.
• Video editing and photography skills, a plus.
• Self-starter, who can set and adhere to deadlines.
To Apply: If you think that you are the right person for this position and can rise to the challenge, please send your curriculum vitae, writing sample and an expression of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning “Communications Officer” in the subject line . In your expression of interest, please include why you believe you are the best fit, three key deliverables you will provide within the first 90 days, and how you will go about achieving these results.
JOB TITLE: Business Incubation Assistants DUTY STATION: Bugiri, Bugweri, Iganga, Jinja, Kamuli, Mayuge and Namayingo Districts Minimum Qualifications and experience:...Apply For This Job
DESCRIPTION Hello Hello! Alight is recruiting Human Resources Analyst for our programs in Uganda to be based at Kampala Office. You’re...Apply For This Job
Graphic Designer Graphic Designer to Design a Gender Responsive Pedagogy Curriculum for Teachers in Moyo and Obongi Districts of West...Apply For This Job
Windle International Uganda (WIU) is a registered INGO whose mission is to promote peace and development in communities through provision...Apply For This Job
JOB DESCRIPTION NRC Uganda is looking for a skilled IT professional to fill in the gap of an ICT Officer...Apply For This Job
Company Description Education Development Center (EDC) is a global nonprofit that advances lasting solutions to improve education, promote health, and expand...Apply For This Job