Job Title: Counselors
Reports to: Technical Officer – HIV Prevention, SBCC and Community
Work Station: Abim, Moroto, Karenga, Kaabong & Kotido
African Network for the Care of Children Affected by HIV/AIDS (ANECCA) was awarded the USAID Local Partner Health ServicesKaramoja (LPHS-Karamoja) project Cooperative Agreement No. 72061722CA00001 (October 2021 – September 2026) to implement a comprehensive TB/HIV activity in Abim, Kaabong, Karenga, Kotido and Moroto districts, Karamoja region.
As part of the process of achieving its project goals and objectives, ANECCA is desirous of recruiting competent and experienced professionals for the position of Counselor. Successful candidates will work under the supervision of Technical Officer – HIV Prevention, SBCC and Community in the assigned LPHS – Karamoja health facilities in Abim, Moroto, Karenga, Kaabong & Kotido contributing towards improved Counselling, linkages along the continuum of care and improved retention of all HIV positive clients.
The counselor(s) will also plan and coordinate counselling, community linkages/referral and retention activities with site teams to ensure successful implementation and monitoring of site level activities to respond to the HIV Epidemic and specifically execute the following duties &responsibilities;
1. Take lead in HIV case identification through HIV risk assessment, APN/Index Client Testing, Social Network Strategy (SNS), HIV Self Testing and any other HIV testing approaches at all service delivery points.
2. Closely work with the Community Health Workers and other facility teams to ensure that all identified HIV positive clients are linked to care through same day ART initiation interventions and follow up for those not yet linked to care.
3. Provide quality and comprehensive counselling services to clients, their partners and other family members (Pre-test, Post-test, Adherence support).
4. Support virological monitoring of clients’ response to ART and provide intensive adherence counseling to all that are not suppressing.
5. Provide technical support to health facility teams and Community Health Workers (RCT Volunteers, Case Managers, Mentor mothers) to support community/facility – based HIV/TB interventions (i.e., HIV and TB case identification, linkage to treatment, tracking second visit, patient adherence, retention/back to care efforts, self-management, counselling, psychosocial support, and other services).
6. Work with the health facility teams, Data Assistants and health information officers to conduct site specific weekly data reviews meetings, utilize and jointly update audit tools (Adult, Ped and adolescent, PMTCT/EID) and other HMIS tools/registers, and tailor site level activities to bridge identified performance gaps.
7. Compile and submit weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports on site level HIV/TB indicator progress as per set timelines.
8. Support Community Health Workers to complete timesheets and reports as well as coordinating timely submission to LPHSKaramoja office.
9. Document best practices and success stories to enable replication and improvement of LPHS – Karamoja project.
10. Prepare and submit paperwork for completed site-specific LPHS-Karamoja approved activities in accordance with LPHSKaramoja (ANECCA) SOPs.
11. Participate in other activities as will be assigned by the immediate supervisor.
▪ Bachelor’s Degree or a Diploma in any of the following fields Social Sciences, Education, SWSA, Development Studies,
Community & Adult Education, Community Psychology, Guidance & Counselling, BSc Nursing or any related field.
▪ Necessary additional Training; HIV Counselling Certificate, Child & Adolescent Counselling certificate or Training of trainers
▪ At least one (1) year of practical work experience in HIV Counseling with a PEPFAR funded project.
▪ Special knowledge in Trends and developments in HIV/AIDS Counselling, Rights of PLHIV and current MOH consolidated
▪ Excellent Counselling skills, Interpersonal skills, written& verbal communication skills and computer skills.
▪ Integrity, Empathy, Patience, Confidentiality, Accommodative, Proactive, Team Player.
▪ Experience and ability to work in hard to reach areas of Karamoja Region, as well as communicating in the local language.
▪ Good report writing skills, analytical skills, ability to respond to tight dealines and support a cross section of Community healthworkers
How to apply
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR CLIMATE FINANCE OFFICER Purpose of the assignment The purpose of this assignment is to support mobilisation...Apply For This Job
Position Title : Project Clerk Reference No : SVN/UG/002/2022 Duty Station : Kampala, Uganda Classification : General Service Type of...Apply For This Job
[Deadline:5:00pm, Friday 30th September 2022] The Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC) with support from Uganda Malaria Reduction Activity seeks to...Apply For This Job
Post Title: Administrative Officer Supervisor: Senior Operations and Logistics Officer Number of vacancies: (01) Job Purpose: The position holder...Apply For This Job
CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING JOB LINKS TO SEE THE JOB DETAILS AND HOW TO APPLY: Branch Manager VFU,Credit Officer Customer...Apply For This Job
Org. Setting and Reporting These positions are located in various UNODC Regional or Country Offices in the context of global...Apply For This Job