Job title: Digital Media Specialist-EACOP Uganda
Organization: SeaOwl Energy
Deadline of this Job: 13 September 2022
Duty Station: Uganda, Kampala
Digital Media Specialist-EACOP Uganda
The East African Crude Oil Pipeline (EACOP) Project involves the construction and operation of a buried, cross-border pipeline to transport crude oil from the Lake Albert area in Uganda to the eastern coast of Tanzania for export to international markets.
The pipeline will run from Kabaale in Hoima District, Uganda, to Chongoleani, Tanga Region, in Tanzania. The length of the pipeline is 1,443 kilometres (km) of which 296km will be in Uganda. In Uganda the pipeline will traverse ten (10) Districts, comprising Hoima, Kikuube, Kakumiro, Kyankwanzi, Mubende, Gomba, Sembabule,Lwengo, Rakai and Kyotera.
The Jobholder reports to the Communications Lead and works closely with all other departments.
• Review the Digital media strategy, develop and execute an implementation plan.
• Manage and Supervise third party on external Digital Media Management and monitoring.
• Developing concepts of digital media communications and campaigns and working with the Knowledge Management Specialist for development.
• Assist the Knowledge Management Specialist in supervising the development of digital content.
• Scheduling placement of content on digital media platforms.
• Improving company visibility and manage public knowledge using digital media channels such as YouTube, Instagram, and Facebook.
• Creating content and oversee the creation of content for digital media platforms according to platform guidelines.
• Writing content for search engine optimization.
• Ensuring brand consistency across all digital media channels.
• Keeping the online media library up to date.
• Developing, Drafting, and editing urgent digital communications copy and materials.
• Support the technical teams to ensure timely digital communication.
• Monitor their performance of digital media contractors.
• Organise and manage internal and external digital communication activities.
• Update digital media queries.
• Participate in the developing and implementation mixed media communication strategies and campaigns.
• Establish and maintain a strong effective network and working relationships with digital news media platforms.
• Engage the Projects shareholders to ensure alignment in communication messaging and flow.
• Participate in other communication related activities as assigned.
• Prepare Digital media communication reports.
• Identifying and curating technical website content.
• Managing website content publication and updates.
• Remaining up to date with the latest digital media trends and design technology available.
• Work closely with other communications team members, to ensure a cohesive communications approach.
CONTEXT AND ENVIRONMENT
The main objective during the current stage is to ensure that all the conditions are in place for a smooth and efficient restart of the project in line with the established project standards whilst protecting the project’s technical achievements from the past 3 years.
• Contribute to essentially have a smooth and effective running of the EACOP Project in all matters highlighted in the present Service Description.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIRED EXPERIENCE
• Bachelors Degree in communications, journalism, public relations, or a related field.
• 5 years’ experience in the field of digital media communication.
• Capable of working independently with strong prioritization skills.
• Experience in digital communication management.
• knowledge of design and editing programs such as InDesign, Photoshop, and FinalCut Pro is an added advantage
• Basic understanding of web design and content management systems.
• Advanced experience with web analytic tools such as Google Ads and GoogleCampaign Manager.
• Familiarity with paid social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, andYouTube.
• Knowledge of the latest media trends.
• Basic budgeting skills to reconcile paid digital media placements with the availablebudget.
• Strong knowledge of digital communication practices and techniques.
• Content writing and production experience for all media platforms.
• Great multitasker and capable of simultaneously managing multiple projects withdifferent deadlines.
• Ability to work with staff at all levels to understand activities and advise oncommunication policies, processes, and procedures.
• Fluency in English (speaking and writing).
Job application procedure
Interested applicants who meet the criteria as outlined above are encouraged to send
a detailed CV ONLY by email to:
Via email: email@example.com
Subject of your email should be the position you are applying for
Do not hesitate to contact us, if you have any questions or need any clarifications
Tel. & WhatsApp: +256 (0) 761 441 554
Deadline for CV submission: Friday, September 09th, 2022 – 5:00 pm
Position: Information Systems/Technology Audits Graduate Trainee Requirements: Bachelor’s degree from a RENU member university in Information Technology, Software Engineering, Computer...Apply For This Job
The Vacancy Malaria Consortium is recruiting for a Monitoring and Evaluation Officer to join our team in Moroto Field Office. The Monitoring and Evaluation...Apply For This Job
Description Provide administrative support for the implementation of the DREAMS project through planning, and acquisition of all project resources, equipment...Apply For This Job
CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING JOB LINKS TO SEE THE JOB DETAILS AND HOW TO APPLY: Legal Manager Branch Manager Financial...Apply For This Job
Org. Setting and Reporting These positions are located in various UNODC Regional or Country Offices in the context of global...Apply For This Job
Position Summary Reporting to the Project Officer, Raising The Village’s (RTV) Project Assistant works to implement RTV’s methodology throughout the...Apply For This Job