Position: Laboratory Assistant
Deadline of this Job: 22 September 2022
Duty Station: Kampala
Main purpose of the job
To carry out Laboratory tests and any other Laboratory tests according to the Standard Laboratory procedures help medical and Counselling teams understand and utilize Laboratory services.
Basic Laboratory tests conducted for TASO Clients and Staff
Submission of quality Laboratory activity reports on time
Reagents and supplies managed
Laboratory results documented and submitted to Clinicians.
• Draw blood from patients for investigations as guided by the Laboratory SOPs
• Prepare Laboratory reagents, stains for routine investigations
• Carry out basic Laboratory investigations and submit reports to the Clinicians and Doctor
• Manage and account for resources in the Laboratory.
• Participate in quality Assurance for the Laboratory.
• Following safety measures against hazards
• Requisioning supplies for Laboratory work and Keeping records of stock (stock taking)
• Maintain work area and equipment’s
• Compiling and submitting reports
• Participating in proficiency testing and quality control programs
• Ensure health, safety and security in your area of operation
• Any other duties as may reasonably be assigned from time to time
• Must have a certificate in medical Laboratory Techniques or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
• Registered with the Allied Health Council and valid Practicing License
• Training in GCLP
• Good Clinical Practice(GCP) and or human subject protection(HSp)training is an added advantage.
Minimum Experience and Exposure: At least 2 years’ experience in Laboratory
Practice with training in Good clinical Laboratory practice(GCLp)
Key skills: Knowledge in computer Applications, Ability to interpret Routine Laboratory test results.
Other qualities/Attributes: integrity, Emotional control and Good Communication skills.
Job application procedure
Only qualified and eligible candidates who meet all the above requirements are invited to submit their resume, copies of certified academic certificates, testimonials and three referees including their telephone and email contacts.
Address your application to the Centre Program Manager, TASO Mulago CoE, PO Box 11485, Kampala.
All interested Clients MUST apply and hand deliver the application to TASO Mulago Hospital Complex, Kampala. First Floor, Room No 102.
*Posting Date:9th September,2022
*Closing Date:22nd September,2022.
While TASO appreciates all the interested applicants, only shortlisted Candidates will be contacted for interviews. In case you do not hear from TASO Uganda one month after the closing date, please consider yourself unsuccessful.
TASO registered Clients are encouraged to apply.
NB: For further enquiries, please call 0752774139/0752774329
Job Summary Support the Regional Human Resource Coordinator in implementation of the organisational policies and practices and working alongside other...Apply For This Job
Post: Enrolled Midwife Reference: HRM / JRRH /011/2022 Duration: One year contract, renewable Reports To: Assistant Nursing Officer (Midwifery) ...Apply For This Job
Country/Region: Uganda, Northern Region Location: Gulu Organization: Save the Children International Join us to lead sustainable change for children: Be part of a...Apply For This Job
Description The position holder will provide overall leadership to develop and implement an M&E strategy tailored to grow the hospital...Apply For This Job
Summary The position is based in a Peas School. The School Bursar will support the School Director in School fees...Apply For This Job
General Summary The Medical Officer under the USAID LPHS-TB Activity will ensure delivery of quality TB care and treatment services...Apply For This Job