Position: Legal Officer
Reports to:Senior Legal Officer
The National Council for Higher Education (NCHE) is a statutory body established under the Universities and Other Tertiary Institutions Act, 2001 (as amended), to regulate the provision of higher education, advise the Government on policy matters relating to higher education in Uganda and to equate qualifications of higher education from within and outside Uganda
1. Engages in activities of the Department;
2. Advises on all legal matters as required;
3. Preparation of budgets and work plans for the Legal Services Department;
4. Represents NCHE in Courts of Law as and when required;
5. Prepares legal briefs/opinions as and when required;
6. Brings to the attention of Senior Legal Officer any new legislation or trend or practice that may impact on the operations of NCHE;
7. Supports the Development/Review of contracts, agreements, Legal Notices, MOU and/or other legal instruments to which NCHE is party to;
8. Supports in the planning and scheduling of activities of the Legal Services Department;
9. Engages in the dissemination of reports of the Department;
10. Carries out any other duties that may be assigned from time-to-time by the superiors
1. Holds a Masters’ degree in Law recognized by National Council for Higher Education;
2. Must be a High Court Advocate with a valid practicing Certificate recognized by the Law Council;
3. Minimum of 3 years’ working experience in legal work with a reputable institution;
4. Must be ICT literate;
5. Must have good communication and interpersonal skills;
6. Knowledge of Higher Education regulation is desirable.
1. Legal documents developed/reviewed.
2. Court cases handled.
3. Agreements/contracts witnessed.
4. Awareness on legal matters undertaken.
5. Departmental Annual budget reports;
6. Work activity plans developed/implemented.
7. Departmental reports generated. ;
8. Research undertaken.
Interested and eligible candidates should electronically submit as one attachment in PDF the following:
1. Application letter;
2. Updated Curriculum Vitae; including names and contacts of three credible referees;
3. Copies of academic certificates and transcripts;
4. Valid National Identity Card/Driving Permit/Passport; and;
5. Any other relevant documents to support the application.
The application should be addressed to the Executive Director, National Council for Higher Education, Plot M834 Kigobe Road-Kyambogo-Kampala and sent via Email to email@example.com not later than 4:00pm on Tuesday, 6th December 2022.
The subject of the email should clearly state the name of the applicant and the position applied for.
NB. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. NCHE is an equal opportunity employer, and
any form of canvasing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Job Title: NSSF Graduate Development Program Organisation: National Social Security Fund (NSSF) Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda About National Social Security Fund (NSSF):...Apply For This Job
U.S. Mission Uganda Announcement Number: Kampala-2022-064 Position Title: Service Desk Analyst Opening Period: 11/17/2022 – 11/23/2022 Series: 1825 Grade: ...Apply For This Job
Main Duties and Responsibilities: Responsible for developing and executing contract strategies including tendering, negotiating and placement of contract packages in...Apply For This Job
Job Purpose: To provide leadership and overall oversight in the execution of the set Branch targets and pro-actively provide excellent...Apply For This Job
Job Title: Data Entry Clerk ICT (Transcript Processing) Ref No: Ref No: UBTEB/HRM-EXT/005/11/2022 Salary Scale: BTEB 7 Reports to: Data...Apply For This Job
Job Title: Manager – Enterprise Product Segment Reports to: Senior Manager – Portfolio Management Division: Enterprise Business Unti No. of...Apply For This Job