NOTE: WFP DOES NOT SOLICIT FOR FEES OR ANY FORM OF PAYMENT FROM JOB APPLICANTS
WFP is looking for talented people who are committed to joining our efforts to eradicate hunger. It offers unlimited opportunities to grow your professionalism, talent and expertise. Start your journey to be a member of the world-wide effort to eradicate hunger. WFP has a policy of affirmative action for women.
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need. In emergencies, WFP gets food to where it is needed, saving the lives of victims of war, civil conflict and natural disasters. After an emergency, WFP uses food to help communities rebuild their lives. On average, WFP reaches more than 80 million people with food assistance in 80 countries each year.
Brief description of WFP in Uganda
WFP delivers food assistance in emergencies and work with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience. WFP provides life-saving food assistance and livelihood opportunities to refugees in Uganda. In addition, WFP assists the most vulnerable people in Uganda with food and nutrition assistance. Finally, WFP works with smallholder farmers and links them to markets.
As Uganda strives to achieve Zero Hunger by 2030 and become a middle-income country by 2040, WFP is also assessing its relevance and repositioning its role in Uganda.
ARE YOU UP TO THE CHALLENGE?
We are seeking qualified individuals for the position of Logistics Officer NOA to be based in Tororo. The selected candidate will be employed on Fixed Term
These jobs are likely to be found in Headquarters (HQ), Regional Bureaux (RBs) or Country Offices (COs). In the field, role holders typically report to the Head of Field Office or the designate. In RBs and HQ, job holders report to a more senior Logistics Officer. Job holders are likely to be working closely with a more experienced professional staff member receiving guidance and regular feedback on work performed.
To provide effective hub management and operational support to field supply chain operations, following an effective and integrated supply chain approaches meeting the food assistance needs of beneficiaries and service provision requirements for partners.
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Logistics Operations, the incumbent will be required to undertake the following: –
1. Contribute to the development and implementation of supply chain plans and procedures, in line with the global WFP supply chain strategy and regional/functional strategies, policies and plans, to achieve operational cost efficiency, agility, reliability, quality and to support national capacity strengthening.
2. Manages logistics operations including all logistics assets in order to ensure timely and costeffective delivery of WFP cargoes including coordination of logistics operations with other organizations and provide logistics support to on-going air, land, sea, or rail operations as appropriate/required.
3. Ensures WFP warehouses as managed in accordance to WFP guidelines with effective commodity management and quality control and maintains accurate and complete accounting, reporting and internal control systems are functioning and that all relevant records are maintained.
5. Establishes regular reporting protocols tracking logistics operational movements and distribute them according to requirements and ensures the integrity of transport information, including commodity tracking in WFP standard systems.
6. Advises on logistics management and structures and staffing levels to ensure that they are at all times adequate to meet the requirements of the logistics strategy.
7. Support supply chain projects & initiatives, operational day-to-day activities in compliance with the established supply chain strategies, policies, procedures, and controls, and following corporate standards, contributing to quality control, loss prevention, risk mitigation and cost effectiveness. Organizes, leads and participates in regional logistics meetings including the local transport committee
8. Support monitoring supply chain activities to check that appropriate internal controls are followed to increase the day-to-day efficiencies and overall performance of supply chain operations; including management of service providers/vendors, transport, and warehouse operations to promote safe, efficient planning and execution of WFP operations.
9. Conduct portions of financial analysis and budget reviews, drawing out recommendations to the supervisor for maximizing use of resources and effectiveness of supply chain operations. Contribute to the implementation of supply chain operations, initiatives, and services to ensure a timely, cost-effective, and integrated approach with core activities and services.
10. Determine specific supply chain activities & budgetary requirements to support the overall Supply Chain strategy to support CO CSP identifying structure(s), capabilities and resourcing required for both CBT and in-kind.
11. Conduct portions of market analysis and supply chain network mapping to support wider analytics on the selection of an appropriate operation modalities to improve supply chain performance. Collect and analyse data and put together reports highlighting opportunities for improvement and effective operationalization of supply chain within the area of responsibility.
12. Prepare accurate and timely reports or support preparation of dashboards and other visual materials on supply chain activities for supervisor’s review to contribute to informed decisionmaking and consistency of information presented to the stakeholders.
13. Guide support staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with analysis and queries. Identify and build productive relationships and support capacity building of WFP staff and partners for efficient and effective delivery of humanitarian assistance to beneficiaries.
14. Ensures adequate logistics preparedness through contingency planning and continuous logistics preparedness reviews, contributes to preparedness actions and supports rapid emergency response to deploy food and resources at the onset of the crisis.
15. Supervises staff within the hub, ensuring that all staff are adequately trained, and identify any additional training needs to achieve high working standards and supports logistics staff in other offices 16. Any other related tasks as required
Leads by Example with Integrity
Upholds WFP values, principles, and standards:
Demonstrates and encourages others to uphold the WFP values, principles and standards Respects others and values diversity:
Values diversity using respectful and inclusive language, and encourages others to do the same Stays focused and calm under pressure:
Stays focused and calm when under pressure and encourages others to do the same
Demonstrates humility and a willingness to learn: \
Shows humility and a willingness to learn and share knowledge, frequently seeking and acting on feedback, and taking up opportunities to develop
Drives Results and Delivers on Commitments
Delivers results for maximum impact:
Holds self and/or others accountable for the delivery of results Delegates appropriately:
Delivers results against delegated tasks and seeks guidance and support where needed Adapts readily to change:
Responds readily to change adjusting work as needed
Fosters Inclusive and Collaborative Teamwork
Is inclusive and collaborative: Promotes inclusive teamwork and psychological safety by sharing ideas and openly raising issues
Gives timely and constructive feedback:
Supports development for others by giving timely and constructive feedback
Builds and shares new perspectives:
Listens attentively to others to capture, learn, build and share new perspectives
Applies Strategic Thinking
Communicates and fulfils WFP’s vision:
Fulfils WFP’s vision and is able to explain how their objectives support the vision
Embraces curiosity and new ways of doing things:
Demonstrates curiosity, and proposes new ways of doing things when relevant Analyses and evaluates data:
Gathers data and shares knowledge to inform team decision making
Considers the impact of decisions:
Implements decisions and asks questions to understand the impact for wider objectives
Builds and Maintains Sustainable Partnerships
Builds partnerships: Builds partnerships by seeking out opportunities to work with others
Collaborates to deliver common objectives:
Collaborates with partners by sharing information and working together to deliver common goals
|Capability Name||Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level|
|Supply Chain Management and Optimization||Demonstrates ability to design basic supply chain networks, including appropriately assessing and escalating challenges to ensure that WFP is able to provide consistent and uninterrupted service to its beneficiaries and partners.|
|Planning, Project & Resource Management||Collects and analyses relevant technical data from diverse sources to forecast operational needs under various scenarios and makes evidence-based proposals.|
|Information Management & Reporting||Liaises with internal and external stakeholders to consolidate preliminary data analysis, draft reports and disseminate information that represents concerns and trends.|
|Market Analysis, Contracting and Operational Execution||Demonstrates ability to collect market information and process and analyse proposals in line with WFP standard rules and regulations in order to deliver efficiently.|
|Warehouse and Inventory Management||Demonstrates ability to implement operational warehouse procedures and normative guidance in order to manage WFP’s warehouse, handle inventory effectively through corporate systems, and ensure loss mitigation.|
|Technical Assistance and Coordination||Demonstrates abilities to provide basic technical advice and maintain effective (inclusive, collaborative, unified) logistics coordination mechanisms with humanitarian partners and other relevant stakeholders.|
• A University degree in any of the following disciplines: Procurement, Logistics, Supply Chain, Finance, Business Studies, Economic or any related field;
• At least five years working experience in Procurement, Logistics, or Supply Chain;
• Experience in Logistics work routines and methods;
• Experience with progressive electronic and digit
• Proficiency in both written and oral English
• Experience coordinating service providers’ contract execution.
• Experience arranging supplier deliveries and the discharge of WFP vessels (rail, air, or sea).
• Experience in evaluating offers and writing proposals.
• Experience in report writing.
Friday 18th November 2022
Title: Procurement Specialist (PS) Reports To: The Programme Coordinator Qualification : A Master’s degree in either Procurement, Commerce, Business...Apply For This Job
Position: Fleet Officer Reporting to: Operations Manager Location: Kampala, Uganda Job Description: The Fleet Officer will boost the Operations Department...Apply For This Job
UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency, is a global organisation dedicated to saving lives, protecting rights and building a better future...Apply For This Job
NOTE: WFP DOES NOT SOLICIT FOR FEES OR ANY FORM OF PAYMENT FROM JOB APPLICANTS WFP is looking for talented...Apply For This Job
Key Duties and Responsibilities. Receiving, recording and storing supplies. Receiving requisitions and orders and issuing stores. Taking stock levels of...Apply For This Job
Job Title: Stores Officer Organisation: Uganda National Oil Company (UNOC) Ltd Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda Reports to: Treasury Accountant About Uganda National Oil...Apply For This Job