NOTE: WFP DOES NOT SOLICIT FOR FEES OR ANY FORM OF PAYMENT FROM JOB APPLICANTS
WFP is looking for talented people who are committed to joining our efforts to eradicate hunger. It offers unlimited opportunities to grow your professionalism, talent, and expertise. Start your journey to be a member of the world-wide effort to eradicate hunger. WFP has a policy of affirmative action for women.
United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need. In emergencies, WFP gets food to where it is needed, saving the lives of victims of war, civil conflict and natural disasters. After an emergency, WFP uses food to help communities rebuild their lives. On average, WFP reaches more than 80 million people with food assistance in 80 countries each year. The organization has the global footprint, deep field presence and local knowledge and relationships necessary to provide access to food and contribute to lasting solutions, especially in many of the world’s most remote and fragile areas.
Brief description of WFP in Uganda
WFP delivers food assistance in emergencies and work with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience. WFP provides life-saving food assistance and livelihood opportunities to refugees in Uganda. In addition, WFP assists the most vulnerable people in Karamoja with food and nutrition assistance. Finally, WFP works with smallholder farmers and links them to markets.
As Uganda strives to achieve Zero Hunger by 2030 and become a middle-income country by 2040, WFP is also assessing its relevance and repositioning its role in Uganda.
ARE YOU UP TO THE CHALLENGE?
We are seeking a qualified international consultant for the position of Programme Policy Officer ( Data Analyst Officer – Business Intelligence) ) CSTII based in Kampala, The selected candidate will be employed on a Regular Consultancy Contract (11 months).
Under Research, Assessment and Monitoring Unit (formerly known as AMEL) – in 2022, WFP Uganda Country Office is committed to improve and reinforce the quality of the portfolio on its Food Security and Nutrition Assessments, to support data-driven and decision-making process for programme implementation. The position is cornerstone to improve and reinforce data analysis and data structure in line with Geo Spatial analysis. The role will also ensure a capacity strengthening plan and the exchange of learning opportunities within WFP and partners.
Strengthening the analytics capacity and protocols of the Unit (data structure, data management, data protection, data visualization) and lead the Geo-spatial analysis (mapping and analysis- ). The RAM officer will have staff under supervision and could be deployed to the field when required.
1. Ensure high standards of quality, reliability and validity of the data, its analysis and visualization in line with WFP’s privacy and protection guidelines
. • Develop a data pipeline to automatize reports, link and adjust data visualization products, digitalize data collection tools within the Research, Analysis and Monitoring (RAM) Unit.
• Ensure that the unit has a strong data structure, that different data sources are up-date, linked/compatible with other units and have a dictionary of variables, following WFP protocols, and data privacy and protection guidelines.
• Contribute to the design and implementation of systems, tools for assessments and monitoring, as well as the review and update current data visualisation dashboards to best respond to area and country office needs
• Incorporate an accountability to affected population, protection and gender perspective in areas of work, to ensure equal participation of women and men
2.Support Data driven evidence-based decision-making process in a timely manner according to programmatic and strategic needs. (Data preparedness)
• Lead the development and or consolidation of a web-based results management system that produces reports, displays dashboards (compatible with WFP corperate system) and enable effective decision-making by WFP team
• Incentivize the use and improve the utility of the monitoring dashboards for operational and strategic decisions by the field, area and country offices as well as by our financial service providers and cooperating partners and strategic decision
3.Develop protocols and procedures to ensure Two-way Accountability (from implementers to clients) and Transparency of Food Security and Nutrition Assessments and Analysis
• Contribute to (or lead when requested) the development of monitoring plans, tools and reviews that will provide the most relevant and strategic information toward achieving expected results (as set out in the Country Strategic Plan (CSP) and other global and regional plans), while being compliant with WFP needs assessment monitoring requirements.
• Lead and optimize (when needed) the monitoring standard operational processes for each implementation activity (General food assistance, Agricultural Market support, maternal and childcare nutrition, School feeding, Lean season response, etc.)
• Provide technical expertise in designing quantitative and qualitative data collection methodology for assessment, evaluations and research pieces.
• Collaborate with government and partner on joint deliverables, ensure the quality of data analysis and products
Friday 18th November 2022
Organizational Setting and Work Relationships The Associate Administrative Officer is responsible for supporting the Office/Bureau in the implementation of general...Apply For This Job
The World Health Organization, Uganda Country Office is looking for a qualified and competent Ugandan national to fill the following vacant position: None...Apply For This Job
Organizational Setting and Work Relationships The Associate Field Officer is normally supervised by the Snr Field Coordinator or Field Officer...Apply For This Job
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives....Apply For This Job
Posting Title: LOGISTICS OFFICER, Forward Support and Deployment Hub (FSDH), P4 Job Code Title: LOGISTICS OFFICER Department/ Office: Department of Operational...Apply For This Job
Job Summary The M&E Officer is responsible for guiding the overall project M&E strategy and implementation of related activities within...Apply For This Job