Ambulance Driver – 05 positions
Duration: 60-120 days
Reporting to: MCHN EVD Response Team Lead
Location: Kampala, Uganda (local position)
The Ambulance Driver will provide emergency Evacuation of emergency patients assigned by the call and dispatch center in collaboration with the Emergency Medical Technician.
· Be on standby to respond to emergencies as and when need be.
· Actively provide support and assistance to technical staff during response.
· Maintain vehicles clean and in good mechanical conditions in line with URCS policies.
· Follow the right chain of command.
· Maintain close range and respond to all radio communication from emergency response command centers 24/7.
· Ensure the ambulance is secured and parked at duty station or safe environment when not in use
· Ensure that safe driving practices are adhered to including local driving codes and internally agreed standards
· Prepare and submit vehicle monitoring report, including records of vehicle operations, maintenance, expenses, mileage, at end of each month
· Guard against misuse of the vehicles like carrying passengers, carrying dead bodies, personal transport and other related abuse.
· Ensure road traffic rules are adhered to including having valid driving licenses, speed management and use of ambulance sirens and others.
· Coordinate with supply chain department to ensure timely fuel loading and servicing of the vehicle
· Oversee the safe travel of self and passengers aboard the vehicle.
· Make correct entries into the Vehicle logbook and ensure proper records are kept of all the spare keys, repairs, equipment (e.g. radios, antennae, etc) and fuel intake and prepare and submit vehicle monitoring report, including records of vehicle operations, maintenance, expenses, mileage, at end of each month.
· Repot all vehicles and driving related incidents to URCS including minor and major accidents, vehicle performance and maintenance issues, etc.
· Perform daily inspections for the assigned or any other vehicles and report to the supervisor accordingly Carry out any other duty assigned by your line manager.
· Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) or its equivalent from a recognized institution in Uganda.
· Training in community first aid, WHO/MOH Curriculum.
· Training in Basic first aid.
· Valid Driving License (Classes DL, CM and B are desirable)
· At least 5 years’ experience in driving preferably with a reputable organization
· Proven experience driving 4×4 vehicles and defensive driving skills
· Good command of the English language (oral and written) is a must with ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality.
· High level of integrity, good Interpersonal skills, good communication skills and respect for colleagues with ability to work under pressure.
Interested and Qualified individuals should Submit their applications ( CV and Cover letter) by email to Uganda.email@example.com not later than Friday 25th, November 2022.Please indicate the title of the position in the email subject line
Reports To: Head of Finance Supervises: To directly carry out credit management tasks and regularly follow up on debtors, Management...Apply For This Job
Post: Pharmacist (01) Closing date: November 30, 2022, at 4:30 pm Click on the link for Details of the required qualifications...Apply For This Job
Organizational Setting and Work Relationships The Driver in the UNHCR Office is normally supervised directly by the Administrative Officer/Associate/Assistant or...Apply For This Job
Position overview The Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (MEL) Officer has responsibility for all matters regarding design, planning, coordination and implementation...Apply For This Job
Food for the Hungry (FH/U) is a Christian international relief and development organization that has been working in Uganda since...Apply For This Job
QUALIFICATIONS; Must have a certificate/diploma in administration. Proficient computer and keyboard skills. Fluent in English language, Multilingual is an added...Apply For This Job