Forum for Women in Democracy (FOWODE) is a national women’s non-governmental organization based in Kampala. FOWODE seeks to recruit a Programme Officer in the Gender and Economic Justice Program stationed at FOWODE Head Office in Ntinda, Kampala.
Job purpose: The Program Officer will implement and support FOWODE’s policy work on Gender and Economic Justice.
Experience, Skills & Competencies
• At least 3 years’ working experience in a non-governmental organization preferably in policy advocacy work.
• Keen understanding of the country’s macro and micro economic dynamics; analytical and conceptual skills and ability to translate these into program development.
• Substantive knowledge and understanding of economic governance and development issues.
• Track record of effective research in the field of policies and laws.
• Substantial experience in policy formulation, advocacy and advise in the areas of gender budgeting.
• Experience of influencing state actors on policy issues.
• Ability to complete succinct policy briefs as well as lengthy reports.
• Excellent public speaking skills.
• Computer literacy with working knowledge of Microsoft word, excel and power point.
• A Bachelors’ degree and/or Master’s degree in Economics or Statistics with a background in gender, development and /or public policy, from a recognized University.
• Masters’ degree in related field in an added advantage.
How to apply
To Apply All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and submit their cover letters, a detailed curriculum vitae and copies of relevant academic documents to: email@example.com. Applications should be sent not later than Tuesday, 27th September 2022 at 5.00pm.
Please ensure that your attachments do not exceed 5 MB. We do appreciate your interest to work with FOWODE however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Job Purpose: Carry out duties related to the planning, implementing and monitoring of project procurement related activities within the locations...Apply For This Job
Background World Vision Uganda (WVU) is a Christian relief, development and advocacy non-government organisation dedicated to working with children, families...Apply For This Job
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY: The Community Accountability and Reporting Mechanisms (CARM) Assistant will support the CARM (Senior) Officer to support the...Apply For This Job
ABOUT SPARK MICROGRANTS Spark Microgrants believes in a world where everyone lives with dignity and determines their own positive future....Apply For This Job
Job title: Data Management Assistant Organization: Africa Medical and Behavioral Sciences Organization Deadline of this Job: 26 September 2022 Duty...Apply For This Job
Post: Senior Community Linkage Coordinator Reference: HRM / JRRH /001/2022 Duration: One year contract, renewable Reports To: Project Coordinator Responsible...Apply For This Job