Post: Senior Community Linkage Coordinator
Reference: HRM / JRRH /001/2022
Duration: One year contract, renewable
Reports To: Project Coordinator
Responsible for: Medical Social workers
Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Social Sciences, Education, SWSA, Development Studies, Community and Adult Education, Community Psychology, or Guidance and Counselling
Post graduate Diploma in Project Planning and Management, HIV/AIDS Counselling Certificate is desirable
Supervision skills and TOT in community care
Five (5) years’ experience in a HIV/AIDS counselling work, two (2) of which should have been in a supervisory position.
1. Provide technical support in the creation, management and maintenance of functional peer support groups (PSG) in the different program clinics.
2. Develop, harmonize and manage departmental work plans and budgets.
3. Supervise and monitor implementation of department activities.
4. Lead the provision of care, treatment and support services to PLHIV at the Facility and communities.
5. Conducting refresher trainings of the psychosocial team.
6. Coordinating community trainings and sensitization meetings.
7. Review community and facility program reports program reports.
8. Provide guidance to implementation of HIV prevention services.
9. Coordinate facility based clinics and community outreach activities.
10. Plan, supervise and monitor provision of comprehensive OVC services.
11. Provide mentorship and coaching to all staff in the psychosocial department.
12. Ensure an updated Pre-ART Register and all community indicator registers.
13. Ensure effective follow-up of clients in the clinic to improve client retention in care.
14. Ensure all HIV Positive individuals are linked into care, treatment and support services.
15. Provide support to the Program Coordinator on partnership issues related to counselling, community and social support activities and psychosocial activities.
16. Carry out performance planning, review and appraisals for the subordinates staff in the department.
Applications to be submitted to the address below not later than Wednesday 14th September 2022 at 5pm
N.B: All staff recruited under this project will be given employment contracts by the hospital. These are full time jobs, so people already holding full time Jobs should not apply and salaries will be based on Government scales.
Where applicable, applicants must be registered with the relevant council and have a valid practicing license
Applications should be filled in triplicate on PS Form 3 (Revised 2008) and attach Curriculum Vitae, copy of the national identity card, photocopies of certificates and testimonials of the academic credentials and contact information for 3 professional references to;
The Hospital Director
Jinja Regional Referral Hospital
P .O Box 43 Jinja,
PS form 3 can be downloaded from here PUBLIC SERVICE FORM 3 (PS FORM 3)
CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING JOB LINKS TO SEE THE JOB DETAILS AND HOW TO APPLY: Engineers,Water for Production (2 Job...Apply For This Job
Background World Vision Uganda (WVU) is a Christian relief, development and advocacy non-government organisation dedicated to working with children, families...Apply For This Job
BRAC is an award-winning international non-governmental development organization, with the vision of a world free from all forms of exploitation...Apply For This Job
About GrainAid Agency GrainAid Agency is a non-profit organization incorporated and registered as National NGO. The organization intends to create...Apply For This Job
Job Summary While working within the confines of the district structures, the VMMC Health Educator will support VMMC related community...Apply For This Job
Reports To: Programs Management Team Leader Supervises: Objective of the position: The position holder shall oversee the implementation of...Apply For This Job