Must have experience in teaching the following subjects:
Mathematics /Biology /Physics, Sport science/computer science/ Entrepreneurship S.S T, English, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, History, Christian Religious Education, Geography, Sport science/computer science/ Entrepreneurship
Trained Secondary Teachers in various districts indicated in application procedure
3 Posts at Nakivale S.S
9 Posts at Rubondo Community S.S
9 Posts at Rwamurunga Community SS
9 Posts at Rwamwanja SSS
9 Posts at Bwiizi School
9 Posts at Ntenungi Community SSS
9 Posts at Kyangwali Secondary School
9 Posts at COBURWAS SSS
9 Posts at Nyamiganda community centre
8 Posts at Nyumanzi ss
8 Posts at Ayilo SS
9 Posts at Maaji Secondary School
9 Posts at Pagirinya Secondary School
9 Posts at Lewa Secondary School
9 Posts at Ofua Seed Secondary School
8 Posts at Mungula Secondary School
9 Posts at Alere Secondary School
9 Posts at Luru Secondary School
9 Posts at Palorinya Secondary School
9 Posts at Idiwa Parents Secondary School
9 Posts at Kali Hill Secondary School
9 Posts at Itula Secondary School
9 Posts at Yoyo Secondary School
9 Posts at Koro Highland
9 Posts at Yamganai Secondary School
9 Posts at Valley View Secondary school
9 Posts at Nipata Secondary school
9 Posts at Rhino Camp High School
9 Posts at Siripi Modern ss
9 Posts at Rhino Camp ss
9 Posts at St; Luke Widi Secondary School
9 Posts at Yikuru Secondary School
9 Posts at Millenium College
9 Posts at Parmbu Secondary School
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Prepare schemes of work and lesson plans in line with approved curriculum on termly, weekly and daily basis.
• Managing pupil behavior in the classroom, school premises and applying appropriate and effective measures in cases of misbehavior
• Conduct lessons and remedial work according to the set timetable.
• Actively participate in the process of continuous assessment and evaluation of learners.
• Keep and maintain class records/inventory (Registers, records of work, progress reports and equipment.)
• Undergoing regular observations and participating in regular in-service training as part of continuing professional development
• Participate in co-curricular activities and link the community with the school
• Researching new topic areas, maintaining up-to-date subject knowledge and devising and writing new curriculum materials
• Work as a teacher on duty and provide a weekly report to that effect.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• Minimum of a Diploma in Education -Secondary from a recognized institution/University.
• A Degree in Education –Secondary is an added advantage.
• Should be a registered teacher with the Ministry of Education and Sports
• Letter of recommendation from the local council one (LC1) of where you stay.
• Be ready to work with minimum supervision and meet the daily task timelines of submitting assignments.
• Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups.
• Should be able to work in a hard to reach and multicultural environment.
• At least 2 years of relevant professional experience is preferred.
How to apply
Interested applicants should submit their typed and signed application letter, curriculum vitae, copies of academic documents and National Identity Card for Ugandans or Refuge Identity card for Refugees:
Kampala Office: Plot 421 Bukoto Crescent Naguru-Kampala
Adjumani Office: Pakele Town Council, Opposite Pakele Town Council Office
Koboko Office: CECI Office, Koboko Town Council, Opposite Total Petrol Station, along Koboko Arua Main Road
Yumbe Office: China Cell, Go Down Road, Yumbe Town Council
Obongi Office: Zone 1, Trading Centre Belameling
Arua Office: Anyafio, Bwonabwona Crescent, Arua City
Nakivale Office: OPM compound in Nakivale Base Camp
Or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for submission is November 20, 2022, 5:00 EAT, positions will be filled on a continuing basis
Final candidates will be vetted in accordance with War Child Canada’s Child Safeguarding Policy, including appropriate reference and security checks
War Child Canada is an equal opportunity and a corruption intolerant employer. Call +256 782370741, 774 241744 if you are asked to pay any fee by any individual for the jobs advertised.
No canvassing or lobbying will be tolerated. Individuals found to have done so will be disqualified.
All applications will be assessed strictly on individual merit. Whereas we actively welcome all applications; only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for interviews
Location: Kyaka11 Project: CEMS Hospital project Reports to: Nursing Officer Job Purpose To provide day to day midwifery nursing care service...Apply For This Job
The World Health Organization, Uganda Country Office is looking for a qualified and competent Ugandan national to fill the following vacant position: None...Apply For This Job
Food for the Hungry (FH/U) is a Christian international relief and development organization that has been working in Uganda since...Apply For This Job
Position overview Based in one of the two project field offices, the Finance and Admin Assistant (FAA) provides financial, administrative...Apply For This Job
CURE Children’s Hospital of Uganda, a Private-Not-For-Profit (PNFP) Christian hospital specialized in pediatric neurosurgery and integrated spiritual ministry, is seeking...Apply For This Job
Organizational Setting The FAO Representation in Uganda provides technical assistance to the Government of Uganda in the Agriculture, Forestry, Fisheries,...Apply For This Job