The main aim of the FAO Country offices, which are headed by the FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors, and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner. This position is located in Kampala, Uganda.
To support the critical role played by Veterinary Paraprofessionals (VPPs) in delivering essential animal health services and improve their requisite technical and business skills in key geographies of Africa enabling business environments are needed for the provision of these services, supplies, and knowledge for smallholder farmers (SHFs). The EuFMD, in collaboration with the project partners World Veterinary Association (WVA) and HealthforAnimals (HFA), has secured a specific investment to reinforce veterinary service provision systems through improved capacity of VPPs to deliver animal health services. This project will deliver and evaluate a model for sustainable VPPs in which competency acquisition is a gateway to recognition and increases access to new business opportunities in the “last mile” delivery of quality-assured animal health services. This will be accomplished by a competency-based training system, in line with the World Organisation for Animal Health (WOAH) Guidelines, allied to a digital engagement strategy supporting recognition and business development in the animal health care services marketplace.
The Project Assistant will work under the overall supervision of the EuFMD Deputy Executive Secretary, NSAH, and in close consultation and co-ordination with the Uganda VPP Project Coordinator.
The Project Assistant coordinates and performs the full range of office support, management support and administrative tasks, providing for the smooth and efficient running of the Office. He/ she ensures quality and consistency of the flow of office work and information with the VPP Project
Tasks and responsibilities
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
• University Degree in Animal Health and Production or similar
• At least 2 years of proven experience in the management of animal and public health sectors;
• National or resident of Uganda
• Working knowledge of English
FAO Core Competencies
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.
HOW TO APPLY
• To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. We strongly recommend that your profile is accurate, complete and includes your employment records, academic qualifications, and language skills
• Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile
• Once your profile is completed, please apply, and submit your application
• Please note that FAO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed at http://www.whed.net/
• Candidates may be requested to provide performance assessments and authorization to conduct verification checks of past and present work, character, education, military and police records to ascertain any and all information which may be pertinent to the employment qualifications
• Incomplete applications will not be considered
• Personal information provided on your application may be shared within FAO and with other companies acting on FAO’s behalf to provide employment support services such as pre-screening of applications, assessment tests, background checks and other related services. You will be asked to provide your consent before submitting your application. You may withdraw consent at any time, by withdrawing your application, in such case FAO will no longer be able to consider your application
• Only applications received through the FAO recruitment portal will be considered
• Your application will be screened based on the information provided in your online profile
• We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
If you need help, or have queries, please contact: Careers@fao.org
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT
Requisition ID: req31595 Job Title: Prevention Officer Sector: Women Protection & Empowerment Employment Category: Regular Employment Type: Full-Time Location: Bidibidi, Uganda Background: Founded in...Apply For This Job
Enterprise Development Coordinator Full-time, 40 hours per week over 5 days Location: Mbarara About Ripple Effect (the new name for...Apply For This Job
About Catholic Relief Services: Catholic Relief Services (CRS) carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to...Apply For This Job
CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING JOB LINKS TO SEE THE JOB DETAILS AND HOW TO APPLY: Shift Supervisor 2 Mold technicians...Apply For This Job
Job title: Digital Media Specialist-EACOP Uganda Organization: SeaOwl Energy Deadline of this Job: 13 September 2022 Duty Station: Uganda, Kampala...Apply For This Job
Finance Trust Bank was licensed as a Tier 1 Commercial Bank on 11th November, 2013, taking over the financial services...Apply For This Job